Filtration is a process that removes matter particles from the water by pushing the water through one or more layers of porous filter material that can be found in the natural. In this case, they are sand, gravel, clay or other materials. However, with the development of modern technology, the advanced inventions in the field of filtration were born to serve the demand for human life. Thus, do not buy any filter system before reading UF, NANO and RO reverse osmosis systems below.
1. The concept about UF, NANO and RO technology
A, UF technology (ultrafiltration): the membrane of this ultrafiltration system is about 0.01 microns in size. The microfiltration filter is about 0.1 microns in size. However, when using the microfiltration membranes, most microorganismswill be removed, except for viruses in the water. Therefore, the ultrafiltration will eliminate the particles that are larger 0.01 microns in size and a few of bacterium or viruses. But the microfiltration or ultrafiltration cannot take out the dissolved substances unless the water that is treated with activated carbon or coagulants (salt or alum).
B, NANO technology (nanofiltration): the nanofiltration has the membrane with 0.001 microns of tiny pores. This product eliminates most organic substances, almost all kinds of viruses, nearly all natural organic substances and some dissolved salts. Besides, nanofiltration membranes also remove some ion with the valence of 2 that contributes to creating hard water so that nanofiltration is used to soften the hard water.
C, RO technology (reverse osmosis system): with 0.0001 microns in size of tiny pores, reverse osmosis technology produces the purest water for using because it eliminates all organic substances and viruses. Furthermore, RO system also gets rid of most minerals presented in the water. The ion with the valence of 1 will be removed when the water line goes through the membrane of RO system. This means this technology is capable of desalination of water.
2. What impurities will they be removed?
– UF (ultrafiltration) water purifier is a method using threads of fibers to separate suspended particles and solute (impurities) through the membranes. On the other hand, some viruses, bacteria, and protozoa will be removed away from the source water.
– Similarly, NANO technology (nanofiltration) can also eliminate bacteria and almost all natural organic substances, especially the ion in hard water. NANO technology, however, cannot remove the dissolved compounds.
– RO (reverse osmosis) water purifiers can take out all kinds of heavy metals, toxic chemicals and a high level of dissolved salts in water. Moreover, both waste matter and bacteria are treated absolutely. Notwithstanding, while RO system removes several harmful minerals such as salt and lead, it also eliminates some beneficial minerals like calcium and magnesium. That is the reason why a system contains calcium and magnesium are installed to complement two minerals into the pure water line, which concurrently increases the pH and reduces the corrosion of water.
3. The benefits of using UF, NANO and RO technology
When compared to other filter technologies in the market, these technologies have many advantages, which provide safe and pure water for washing and drinking. They use clean technology, which is easy to operate and service. The filtration process can replace many traditional physics and chemistry processes such as filtering, distilling, and exchanging ion in the process of water treatment. Another benefit that makes these products more preeminent than others is safe for the patients. The fact that the patients have weakened immune systems during their treatment so that these products filter out the tiny germs and microorganisms that can increase the risk of having an infection. When you make use of these systems properly, any dangerous diseases or infection can be avoided. Besides the advantages mentioned, UF, NANO and RO technology are environment-friendly as well.
Because these outstanding features, the three systems are appreciated in the market and used widely worldwide. To view more information about the ultrafiltration, nanofiltration or reverse osmosis system, you can search more on the internet and read the review.